If I asked you, what is your personal style? What would you say, would you even know?
It could be classic, elegant, feminine, creative, sporty…. and the list goes on. It could be a combination of style types.
So, do you know or are you confused about what your personal style is. If you looked in your wardrobe, would it give you a clue or is it a jumbled mess of different styles. When you go shopping do you consider which style you want, will it go with other pieces in your wardrobe or is it just grab whats on sale this week.
You see, successful shopping needs a well thought out plan of action to create a wardrobe that will express your own unique personal style. That is… pieces that flatter your body shape and make you feel good. When you figure that out, its easy!
Finding your style doesn’t mean you have to pick just one style. Have fun with it, mix it up a little until you find what suits you and what makes you “feel like you”.
Here’s my 6 top tips to finding the right style for you:
- Look in your wardrobe and decide which pieces you wear constantly. What is it that draws you to those pieces? Do you feel confident in them? Are they flattering on you? Whatever the reason, this is the style that you need to look for when shopping.
- What colours suit your skin tone? Do you even know? Find out if you are suited to warm or cool colours and look for that colour palette in your clothes. If your wardrobe is full of black, then maybe it’s time to add a little colour to it. It’s amazing what some added colour will do for your skin tone.
- Which women, friends or even celebrities do you admire. Is it their style that you find appealing. This could be the style you are looking to emulate.
- Realise that a huge wardrobe full of clothes can be all too confusing. A small wardrobe made up of pieces that will mix and match together with some choice accessories thrown in will create a manageable and stylish capsule wardrobe.
- Try something different occasionally, you might find an unexpected gem to add to your wardrobe. You won’t know if you don’t try it.
- Most importantly… don’t buy it if you don’t love it. If you have to think about whether you like it or not, then it’s probably not for you. Wear what makes you feel good every day!
Follow these 6 tips and know your personal style.